Fees: $160 per session.

  • Payment of fee is normally done at the start of the session with cash or cheques, or Interac e-transfer from home (here’s how).
  • Our therapy time is 50 minutes. The other 10 minutes of your hour is scheduling, my reviewing past sessions, and note-taking.
  • I do not have a sliding scale, as I do my pro-bono work elsewhere.
  • Therapy and counselling fees with me are exempt from sales tax.
  • Pay from home: Online payments can be done through Interac e-transfer.
  • When cash flow interferes with need for therapy, I often recommend that the person still come, but space out sessions a bit to fit the monthly budget. Coming twice a month can be fine instead of weekly, for example.

External Funding:

  • Extended Health Plans – Many people who are employed have an extended health care plan through their employer to pay therapy fees. Many people are also covered by a family member who has such a plan. Look in the booklet describing your benefits or talk to your insurance company to find out about your coverage. Coverage for psychologists varies from around $500 per year to $1000 per year for most plans. You pay me and submit the receipt to the insurance company who reimburses you.
  • WorkSafe BC (Worker’s Compensation Board) – I have a contract to provide services for injured workers in Victoria with an accepted claim. Contact your case manager to discuss a referral.
  • Veteran’s Affairs – I am an approved provider for veterans with Blue Cross funding.
  • Insurance companies‘ short- or long-term disability plans – If you are receiving short- or long-term disability coverage, your insurance company may be willing to fund treatment. Contact your case manager / adjuster.
  • Criminal Injury Compensation – If you have a psychological problem as a result of having been a victim of a reported crime, you may qualify for payment of psychotherapy services. In BC, the crime needs to have occurred since July 1972, when this program was created. If the crime occurred in BC, you can phone (604) 244-6400 to obtain more information.
  • The Medical Services Plan in British Columbia does not pay for the services of a private psychologist
  • If you need counselling but have only a limited income, call the Citizens’ Counselling Centre 250-384-9934 for low-cost brief counselling.